In its eighth year, the Association of Community Cancer Centers’ Innovator Awards honor Cancer Program Members for their pioneering achievements in oncology. Innovations should advance the goals of improving access, quality, and value in cancer care delivery.
Suggested areas of focus are:
- Immuno-Oncology Implementation
- New Models in Care Coordination
- At-Risk and Underserved Populations
- Process Improvement Strategies
- Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Community Outreach, Prevention, and Screenings
- Supportive Care Services
Past Innovator Award winner topics include:
- A Model Immunotherapy Program at an Oncology Practice
- Fusing Clinical and Business Metrics to Improve Quality
- Value-Driven Symptom Management Clinics
- Bridging the Psychosocial and Financial Needs of Oncology Patients
- Maximizing Tele-Health Technology
- From Distress Screening to Solutions: Patient-Centered Support
- Bringing Lung Cancer Education & Screening to Rural Patients
2018 Awards Submissions
The deadline for 2018 Innovator Awards submissions is Friday, March 9, 2018. Click here for more details.
Winners will present their innovations at the ACCC 35th National Oncology Conference, October 17–19, 2018, in Phoenix, AZ, and will be featured in our journal, Oncology Issues. Winners receive regional and national exposure, as their innovations are shared with oncology care providers, the broader healthcare community, and national press outlets.
2017 ICLIO Innovator Award Recipient
The ACCC Institute for Clinical Immuno-Oncology awarded the 2017 ICLIO Innovator Award to Advocate Medical Group in Park Ridge, IL. Their program, Turning on the Light Switch: A Model Immunotherapy Program at an Oncology Practice, aims to provide consistent, optimal care for immunotherapy patients. Components include patient and staff education materials, peer-to-peer training, policy and procedure guidelines, toxicity assessment tools, and EHR documentation templates, resulting in standardized and improved care of patients receiving immunotherapy for cancer.
2016 ICLIO Innovator Award Recipient
The Institute for Clinical Immuno-Oncology (ICLIO) selected Sanford Cancer Center in Sioux Falls, SD as the recipient of the 2016 ICLIO Innovator Award for its process improvement initiative enhancing patient treatment options, to include immunotherapy in the community setting. Read an interview with Steven Powell, MD, Sanford Cancer Center to learn how Sanford increases access to immunotherapy clinical trials through weekly tumor-specific video conferences and multidisciplinary molecular tumor boards.
Watch the video for more details on their winning submission, Expanding Access to Immunotherapy in the Community Setting.