Apply for the opportunity to have an ICLIO faculty member travel to your cancer program or practice for a 60-minute case-based tumor board discussion on immunotherapy treatment decision-making and the management of associated immune-related adverse events.
In Case Studies in I-O, the immuno-oncology experts to come to you. Your multidisciplinary cancer care team will have the opportunity to present challenging, real-world patient cases and gain the perspective of an ICLIO faculty member that is experienced in immuno-oncology (I-O) agents.
This program also provides an excellent opportunity for in-depth, bi-directional learning. The ICLIO faculty member will benefit from the insight of your multidisciplinary care team, as you share the successes and challenges you’ve experienced while delivering immunotherapy in the community setting.
Participating programs will select two de-identified patient cases that they would like the ICLIO faculty member to review during their 60-minute case-based tumor board discussion.
Applications to participate in this program will be accepted through Friday, September 29, 2017.
Who Should Apply
To be considered, at least 5-10 cancer care professionals from your program must attend the tumor board discussion.
Participants can include: medical oncologists, hematologists, internists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse navigators, financial advocates, registrars, pharmacists, fellows, residents, students, and other members of the multidisciplinary cancer care team who treat or monitor patients undergoing immunotherapy.
Healthcare professionals who care for these patients (e.g., radiology, pathology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, emergency medicine) are also welcome to attend the Case Studies in I-O discussion.
To be considered for this program, your institution must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current ACCC Cancer Program Member. *
- Have already established—or be in the initial stages of implementing—an immuno-oncology (I-O) program, and be willing to discuss your I-O program with ACCC and ICLIO.
- Have plans to expand your immuno-oncology program over the next two years.
- Assign a point of contact (POC) to coordinate with the ICLIO team.
- Have a commitment from at least one clinician to submit two de-identified patient cases to ACCC and ICLIO three weeks before your scheduled tumor board discussion.
- Have a commitment from at least 5-10 key cancer care professionals who will be present for the Case Studies in I-O tumor board discussion.
- Provide permission to ACCC and ICLIO to publish key findings and outcomes on their respective websites, as well as in white papers, social media posts, webinars, blogs, newsletters, and live conferences.
How to Apply
The application deadline is Friday, September 29, 2017.
If selected to participate, your cancer program or practice will receive a $1,000 stipend to help offset any costs associated with hosting Case Studies in I-O.
Funding for this initiative is provided by a charitable donation from Bristol-Myers Squibb and supported by an educational grant from Merck & Co., Inc.
*If you are not certain of your membership status, please email Jennifer A. Wilson, MBA, CAE, Membership Director, or call 301.984.9496 ext. 215. You may download an application for Cancer Program Membership through the ACCC website.
*This program was formerly known as ICLIO Grand Rounds.